- Administrative Law
- Alternative Dispute Resolution
- Appellate Law
- Banking & Finance
- Bankruptcy / Creditors' Rights
- Civil Litigation
- Construction Contracts and Disputes
- Criminal Defense
- District of Columbia
- Employment Matters
- Environmental Law
- Estate Planning & Administration
- Family Law
- Military Law
- Municipal & Municipal Finance Law
- Personal Injury
- Real Estate
- Title Litigation
- Zoning & Land Use
From start to finish.
Real Estate Law involves numerous moving parts and complex documentation requirements. Our real estate attorneys tactically manage the pieces to provide our clients with smart, strategic counsel to accomplish their specific needs and goals.
Our Team and Services
Council Baradel’s real estate team is efficient and accessible, ensuring timely responses with precise attention to detail. We represent clients in a wide variety of real estate matters. Our services range from assistance in the sale, purchase or lease of residential and commercial property to the negotiation and preparation of agreements and other documents relating to real estate.
Commercial Real Estate
We provide assistance in a variety of commercial real estate transactions and negotiations. We regularly provide counsel and advice to clients in all areas of construction, ownership, operation and leasing of real property. We are responsive, command excellent negotiation skills, and overcome potential issues with creative solutions. Our attorneys are experienced in representing contractors, real estate developers, brokers and lenders, landlords, tenants, and equity investors.
We routinely provide assistance with:
- Acquisition and development financing
- Landlord/tenant issues
- Mechanic's liens
- Property disputes
- Real estate management
- Resolution of title claims
- Shopping center development
Residential Real Estate
Our attorneys are prepared to protect your interests in a broad range of real estate transactions, including residential home purchases and sales. For most people, buying a home is the largest investment they will make and can be a very intimidating process. You need a highly-skilled professional to help you analyze the transaction and make sure your legal bases are covered to minimize risk in the years ahead.
Our experienced team of real estate attorneys work closely with buyers, sellers, realtors, and mortgage lenders to ensure that residential closings are timely, efficient, and pleasant.
- We represent clients in a wide range of transactional matters including:
- Loan closings for purchases and refinances
- Title examinations
- Preparation of purchase and sale agreements
- Issuance of title opinions
- Issuance of owners' and lenders' title insurance
- Land acquisition and financing
Title Insurance Specialists
We represent national title insurance underwriters in claims on behalf of and against their insureds and in title insurance coverage actions. We also represent companies in the mortgage lending and brokerage industry against claims of lender liability and regulatory violations. Our attorneys assist clients in resolving title, boundary and riparian rights disputes. Presently, we are approved attorneys and agents for Fidelity National Title Insurance Company, Chicago Title Insurance Company, and First American Title Insurance Company.
Our In-house Title Company
Bay Title Company, Council Baradel’s wholly owned subsidiary, performs all services associated with residential and commercial real estate settlements. Whether you are buying, or refinancing an existing mortgage, Bay Title Company will provide transparent, dependable service at competitive pricing. Our closings are always conducted by an attorney, ensuring the transaction is compliant with all applicable laws and regulations. We handle residential real estate settlements on a competitive flat fee basis. We handle most commercial real estate settlements on a negotiated fee basis.
Condominiums and Homeowners Associations
Our attorneys provide a wide range of legal services to condominium, homeowners and community associations. Our services include:
- general operational advice;
- preparation and amendment of condominium and association documents;
- collection of delinquent assessments;
- enforcement of architectural control rules and regulations, bylaws and covenants; and
- negotiation and preparation of management agent agreements.
Council Baradel’s attorneys also have experience in negotiation and litigation of disputes with developers and contractors, between associations and individual property owners, and disputes over ownership of community property.
- Twelve Council Baradel Attorneys Recognized in What's Up? Magazine's "Leading Lawyers" 2021
- Anne Arundel County Property Tax Assessment Appeals (2021, 2022, 2023 Tax Cycle)
- Council Baradel Elects Lee Ann Adams and Elizabeth A. Pfenson as Partners
- Fifteen Council Baradel Attorneys Recognized by Maryland Super Lawyers 2021
- N. Tucker Meneely Inducted as Fellow of the Maryland Bar Foundation
- Twelve Council Baradel Attorneys Recognized in What's Up? Magazine's "Leading Lawyers" 2020
- Michael N. Russo, Jr. Joins Board of Leadership Anne Arundel
- Condominium Association Fees in a time of COVID 19
- Council Baradel and Bay Title Company Operations Amid COVID-19
- Brian T. Gallagher Admitted to Practice Law in Virginia
- Council Baradel Announces N. Tucker Meneely as the Firm's Newest Partner
- N. Tucker Meneely Joins The Bill Sweeney Perinatal Care Fund Board of Directors
- Seventeen Council Baradel Attorneys Recognized by Maryland Super Lawyers 2020
- Council Baradel Named Top Workplace for Third Consecutive Year
- Brian T. Gallagher to Speak on Entity Formation to Multifamily Investors Group
- Stephen A. Oberg Joins Anne Arundel Medical Center Foundation Board of Directors
- GDP and Land Use Change Application
- Ana L. Berninger Joins Council Baradel's Land Use & Zoning Practice
- Ronald E. Council Marks 50 Years as an Annapolis Attorney
- Sixteen Council Baradel Attorneys Recognized in What's Up? Magazine's "Leading Lawyers" 2019
- Brian S. Burkett Admitted to Practice Law in the District of Columbia
- ALTA "Navigating Cyber Insurance" Presentation by Michael N. Russo, Jr.
- Bay Title Company Launches New Website
- Property Tax Reassessment Appeal Deadline Fast Approaching
- Joseph F. Devlin Attends Conservation Easement Seminar
- Michael N. Russo, Jr. Speaks to Title Companies on Cyber Fraud Insurance
- Stephen A. Oberg Joins Board of Calvert Hospice
- Michael N. Russo, Jr. Admitted to Practice Law in Virginia
- Brian T. Gallagher Joins Board of Visit Annapolis & Anne Arundel County
- Michael N. Russo, Jr. Appointed President of Arts Council of Anne Arundel County Board
- Mollie Walsh Beigel Joins Maryland Hall for the Creative Arts Board of Directors
- Lee Ann Adams and Aubrey E. Mirkin Speak to St. Mary's Parish on Planning for the Future
- Lee Ann Adams to Speak to AACAR on Ground Rent and Front Foot Fees
- Brian T. Gallagher Speaks to Property Managers on Pending Legal Cases
- Property Tax Reassessment Appeal Deadline – Fast Approaching
- Brian S. Burkett and Avigayil Pearlman Admitted to Practice Law in Maryland
- Maryland Super Lawyers 2018 Recognizes Nine Council Baradel Attorneys
- Maryland Super Lawyers 2017 Recognizes Eleven Council Baradel Attorneys
- Lee Ann Adams Joins Council Baradel's Business Practice
- Ronald A. Baradel and N. Tucker Meneely Secure Reinstatement of Client's $2.42 Million Jury Verdict on Appeal
- Ronald A. Baradel Recognized by Best Lawyers® 2017
- Tucker Meneely elected to the Anne Arundel County Volunteer Center Board of Directors
- Council Baradel Elects Four New Directors
- Ronald A. Baradel Serves Second Term as President of the Annapolis Rotary Club
- John Naumann Strange to Speak at Estate Planning Seminar in Severna Park on June 20th, 2016
- Brian T. Gallagher to Moderate Panel on Restaurant Liability
- Ronald A. Baradel honored with The Daily Record's Inaugural 2016 Leadership in Law Lifetime Achievement Award.
- Stephen A. Oberg speaks to Calvert County Chamber of Commerce
- Six Council Baradel Attorneys Named 2016 Maryland Super Lawyers.
- BizPeake Journal publishes Ronald A. Baradel's article, "Giving Back is Good Business."
- Mike Russo Participates in Congressional Briefing on Title Insurance Issues
- Mike Russo reviews new Maryland case on impact of Bankruptcy on property title.
- AABA President Steve Oberg recently presented newly appointed Judge Laura Robinson a gavel during her investiture to the bench of the District Court of Maryland for Anne Arundel County.
- N. Tucker Meneely Named to Editorial Board of The Maryland Litigator.
- Ten Council Baradel attorneys named 2015 Maryland Super Lawyers.
- Mike Russo provides comments on new DC Court of Appeals decision on super-priority of DC Condo Liens over first Deeds of Trust.
- Celebrating Steve Oberg's Investiture as AABA President in the August issue of the Barrister.
- Ronald A. Baradel joins the Anne Arundel Senior Provider Group.
- N. Tucker Meneely Selected by Maryland Daily Record to Write for Generation J.D. Blog
- Michael N. Russo, Jr. Elected to the Anne Arundel County Community Partnership Board for the United Way of Central Maryland.
- Michael N. Russo, Jr. Elected to Board of Directors of the Arts Council for Anne Arundel County.
- Director Stephen A. Oberg installed as President of the Anne Arundel County Bar Association
- Directors Stephen A. Oberg, Susan M. Wyckoff and Joseph F. Devlin inducted as Fellows into the Maryland Bar Foundation
- Five Council Baradel Attorneys Named as"Leading Lawyers" by What's Up? Annapolis Magazine
- Stephen A. Oberg Speaks with Calvert Young Farmers
- Frederick C. Sussman and Suellen M. Ferguson Speak at MML Convention
- Susan T. Ford Elected Vice-Chairman of the Board of Maryland Hall for the Creative Arts
- Michael N. Russo, Jr. Elected President of the District of Columbia Land Title Association
- Stephen A. Oberg Named Rising Star
- Frederick C. Sussman Appointed City Attorney for Aberdeen
- Stephen A. Oberg Elected Treasurer of the Anne Arundel County Bar Association
- Stephen A. Oberg Named Rising Star