- Administrative Law
- Alternative Dispute Resolution
- Banking & Finance
- Bankruptcy / Creditors' Rights
- Civil Litigation
- Condominiums and Homeowners Associations
- Construction Contracts and Disputes
- Criminal Defense
- District of Columbia Practice Area
- Employment Matters
- Environmental Law
- Estate Planning & Administration
- Family Law
- Military Law
- Municipal & Municipal Finance Law
- Personal Injury
- Real Estate
- Traffic Violations
- Zoning & Land Development
Estate Planning & Administration
For all your future plans.
Careful consideration and planning for the disposition of assets after death is essential to a client’s emotional and financial well-being. A well-conceived plan provides peace of mind and can avoid after-death disputes among heirs and others, while often utilizing various methods of planning to minimize the impact of federal and state taxes that can follow death. We understand the importance to our clients of sensitive, competent and trustworthy representation in matters that affect not only the client but his or her loved ones for years to come.
Our estates and trusts attorneys’ first priority is getting to know our clients and their specific values and goals. We have significant experience providing our clients with comprehensive estate planning and counsel, as well as preparing the wills, trust instruments, and other devices best suited to the client’s particular needs and finances. We also offer assistance to clients regarding the orderly management of their personal and health care needs in the event they become unable to make decisions for themselves due to age or infirmity.
We have represented countless personal representatives in the administration of estates, and assisted and guided them in carrying out their legal duties, from drafting the forms necessary to open the estate to the preparation of fiduciary and estate tax returns to the closing out process.
Our attorneys provide comprehensive trust administration services by representing trustees and beneficiaries. We seek to guide the client through the applicable trust, as needed, considering the terms of the trust and the applicable laws.
Trust and Estate Litigation
Our attorneys also counsel clients with regard to fiduciary litigation matters and dispute resolution. We have successfully represented clients in state court in various estate and/or trust litigation matters, including contesting wills and challenging trustees' decisions regarding use of trust funds, among other similar cases.
- Ronald E. Council Marks 50 Years as an Annapolis Attorney
- Sixteen Council Baradel Attorneys Recognized in What's Up? Magazine's "Leading Lawyers" 2019
- Bay Title Company Launches New Website
- Renee B. Sullivan Joins Council Baradel's Estate Planning Practice
- Maryland Super Lawyers 2019 Recognizes Thirteen Council Baradel Attorneys
- N. Tucker Meneely Elected President of the Woodwise Board of Directors
- Mollie Walsh Beigel Joins Maryland Hall for the Creative Arts Board of Directors
- Lee Ann Adams and Aubrey E. Mirkin Speak to St. Mary's Parish on Planning for the Future
- Sarah Dwyer-Heidkamp to Speak on Estate Planning, Administration & Wills at Severna Park Library on June 5th
- Maryland Super Lawyers 2018 Recognizes Nine Council Baradel Attorneys
- Sarah Dwyer-Heidkamp to Speak on Estate Planning, Administration & Wills at Local Libraries this January
- Maryland Super Lawyers 2017 Recognizes Eleven Council Baradel Attorneys
- Maria Worthington McKenna to Speak at Anne Arundel Community College Paralegal Forum
- Council Baradel Elects Four New Directors
- Sarah Dwyer-Heidkamp Joins Council Baradel's Estate Planning & Administration Practice
- John Naumann Strange to Speak at Estate Planning Seminar in Severna Park on June 20th, 2016
- The Estate Planning and Administration practice group of Council, Baradel, Kosmerl & Nolan, P.A. renews 2016 Corporate Member status with Anne Arundel Estate Planning Council .
- Six Council Baradel Attorneys Named 2016 Maryland Super Lawyers.
- Ten Council Baradel attorneys named 2015 Maryland Super Lawyers.
- Five Council Baradel Attorneys Named as"Leading Lawyers" by What's Up? Annapolis Magazine