- Administrative Law
- Appellate Law
- Banking & Finance
- Bankruptcy / Creditors' Rights
- Construction Contracts and Disputes
- Criminal Defense
- Employment Matters
- Environmental Law
- Estate Planning & Administration
- Family Law
- Municipal & Municipal Finance Law
- Personal Injury
- Real Estate
- Title Litigation
- Zoning & Land Use
Experienced and empathetic.
The process of separation and divorce can be one of the most daunting and challenging episodes of one's life, both emotionally and financially. The decisions one makes in family law matters are often life-changing and irreversible. This area of the law includes:
- Domestic violence
- Child custody
- Child support
- Equitable distribution of marital property
- Tax implications related to a separation or divorce
The importance of being represented by empathetic, responsive, and experienced counsel in this difficult area of practice cannot be overemphasized.
Council Baradel has a number of attorneys who concentrate their practices in family law and are well-known and respected in the legal community, the professional community, and the community-at-large for their sensitivity to their client's needs, their common sense and knowledge of the law, and their success in negotiating and litigating in the complex field of domestic relations. Our attorneys have guided hundreds of clients through these difficult life transitions with great success and satisfaction.
Before choosing an attorney to guide you through this process, it is prudent to ask former clients as well as other attorneys in the legal community about the reputation of the attorney you are considering - once you do so, we are confident that our attorneys will come well-recommended to your needs. We also represent clients in sensitive matters relating to guardianship and adoption.
- Fifteen Council Baradel Attorneys Recognized by Maryland Super Lawyers 2022
- Twelve Council Baradel Attorneys Recognized in What's Up? Magazine's "Leading Lawyers" 2021
- Council Baradel Elects Lee Ann Adams and Elizabeth A. Pfenson as Partners
- N. Tucker Meneely Inducted as Fellow of the Maryland Bar Foundation
- Twelve Council Baradel Attorneys Recognized in What's Up? Magazine's "Leading Lawyers" 2020
- Council Baradel and Bay Title Company Operations Amid COVID-19
- Susan Stobbart Shapiro and Kevin M. Schaeffer Recognized as Top 100 Attorneys in Maryland
- Seventeen Council Baradel Attorneys Recognized by Maryland Super Lawyers 2020
- Council Baradel Named Top Workplace for Third Consecutive Year
- Elizabeth A. Pfenson to Speak at Legal Research CLE
- Ronald E. Council Marks 50 Years as an Annapolis Attorney
- Sixteen Council Baradel Attorneys Recognized in What's Up? Magazine's "Leading Lawyers" 2019
- Bay Title Company Launches New Website
- Council Baradel Elects Matthew J. Bernhardt as Director
- Elizabeth A. Pfenson Joins Council Baradel's Family Law Group
- Mollie Walsh Beigel Joins Maryland Hall for the Creative Arts Board of Directors
- Maryland Super Lawyers 2018 Recognizes Nine Council Baradel Attorneys
- Maryland Super Lawyers 2017 Recognizes Eleven Council Baradel Attorneys
- Judge Donna M. Schaeffer Takes the Bench.
- Council, Baradel, Kosmerl & Nolan, P.A. Director Donna McCabe Schaeffer named to the Circuit Court for Anne Arundel County
- Six Council Baradel Attorneys Named 2016 Maryland Super Lawyers.
- Council Baradel attorneys came out in force for the Anne Arundel Bar Association's Bar Weekend in Hershey, PA.
- Ten Council Baradel attorneys named 2015 Maryland Super Lawyers.
- Kevin Schaeffer Participates in Cawood Inns of Court Panel Discussion regarding Interference with Child Custody
- Directors Stephen A. Oberg, Susan M. Wyckoff and Joseph F. Devlin inducted as Fellows into the Maryland Bar Foundation
- Five Council Baradel Attorneys Named as"Leading Lawyers" by What's Up? Annapolis Magazine
- Matthew J. Bernhardt Joins CBKN as an Associate