- Administrative Law
- Alternative Dispute Resolution
- Banking & Finance
- Bankruptcy / Creditors' Rights
- Civil Litigation
- Condominiums and Homeowners Associations
- Construction Contracts and Disputes
- Criminal Defense
- District of Columbia Practice Area
- Domestic Relations
- Employment Matters
- Environmental Law
- Estate Planning & Administration
- Military Law
- Municipal & Municipal Finance Law
- Personal Injury
- Real Estate
- Traffic Violations
- Zoning & Land Development
Specialized support for all of your needs.
Our administrative law team is made up of attorneys with a breadth of experience in numerous practice areas. We understand how state and local governments conduct their business with the public by interpreting and applying laws and regulations through administrative agencies including officials, boards and commissions.
We frequently represent clients before numerous state and local government administrative agencies. Our services include:
Zoning and land use. We work with property owners and other land use professionals in all aspects of the zoning and land use process on the City, County, and State levels, including rezonings, subdivisions, special exceptions, variances, critical area and wetland determinations, and various development permitting and licensing requirements.
Liquor license issuances and violations. We assist our clients in obtaining and renewing liquor licenses, as well as defending licensees against allegations of misconduct brought by administrative agencies.
Motor vehicle license suspensions and revocations. We regularly appear with clients whose licenses are in danger of suspension or revocation by the Motor Vehicle Administration (MVA).
Employment and discrimination disputes. We litigate employment matters before government agencies such as the Equal Employment Opportunity Commission, the National Labor Relations Board, the Department of Labor, the Maryland Commission on Civil Rights, and others.
Matters involving business and professional licenses and permits. We have experience representing professionals who face administrative proceedings or investigations that could possibly put their professional license at risk. We also assist our clients through the entire licensing and permitting processes for all types of business activities.
Appeals to the courts. We represent clients in appeals to the courts when necessary to protect their interests against adverse determinations or actions by administrative agencies.
- Maryland Super Lawyers 2018 Recognizes Nine Council Baradel Attorneys
- James P. Nolan to be Honored at Two Events this November
- Joseph F. Devlin Joins Board of Boys & Girls Clubs of Annapolis & Anne Arundel County
- Maryland Super Lawyers 2017 Recognizes Eleven Council Baradel Attorneys
- Council Baradel Elects Four New Directors
- Fourteen Council Baradel Lawyers Recognized in What's Up? Magazine's "Leading Lawyers 2016-2017"
- Six Council Baradel Attorneys Named 2016 Maryland Super Lawyers.
- Mike Russo reviews new Maryland case on impact of Bankruptcy on property title.
- Ten Council Baradel attorneys named 2015 Maryland Super Lawyers.
- Mike Russo provides comments on new DC Court of Appeals decision on super-priority of DC Condo Liens over first Deeds of Trust.
- Michael N. Russo, Jr. Elected to the Anne Arundel County Community Partnership Board for the United Way of Central Maryland.
- Michael N. Russo, Jr. Elected to Board of Directors of the Arts Council for Anne Arundel County.
- Five Council Baradel Attorneys Named as"Leading Lawyers" by What's Up? Annapolis Magazine
- Frederick C. Sussman and Suellen M. Ferguson Speak at MML Convention
- Susan T. Ford Elected Vice-Chairman of the Board of Maryland Hall for the Creative Arts
- Michael N. Russo, Jr. Elected President of the District of Columbia Land Title Association
- Frederick C. Sussman Appointed City Attorney for Aberdeen
- John Doud Elected as a Fellow of the Maryland Bar Foundation