- Administrative Law
- Alternative Dispute Resolution
- Appellate Law
- Banking & Finance
- Bankruptcy / Creditors' Rights
- Civil Litigation
- Construction Contracts and Disputes
- Criminal Defense
- District of Columbia
- Employment Matters
- Environmental Law
- Estate Planning & Administration
- Family Law
- Military Law
- Municipal & Municipal Finance Law
- Personal Injury
- Real Estate
- Title Litigation
- Zoning & Land Use
Specialized support for all of your needs.
Our administrative law team is made up of attorneys with a breadth of experience in numerous practice areas. We understand how state and local governments conduct their business with the public by interpreting and applying laws and regulations through administrative agencies including officials, boards and commissions.
We frequently represent clients before numerous state and local government administrative agencies. Our services include:
Zoning and land use. We work with property owners and other land use professionals in all aspects of the zoning and land use process on the City, County, and State levels, including rezonings, subdivisions, special exceptions, variances, critical area and wetland determinations, and various development permitting and licensing requirements.
Liquor license issuances and violations. We assist our clients in obtaining and renewing liquor licenses, as well as defending licensees against allegations of misconduct brought by administrative agencies.
Motor vehicle license suspensions and revocations. We regularly appear with clients whose licenses are in danger of suspension or revocation by the Motor Vehicle Administration (MVA).
Employment and discrimination disputes. We litigate employment matters before government agencies such as the Equal Employment Opportunity Commission, the National Labor Relations Board, the Department of Labor, the Maryland Commission on Civil Rights, and others.
Matters involving business and professional licenses and permits. We have experience representing professionals who face administrative proceedings or investigations that could possibly put their professional license at risk. We also assist our clients through the entire licensing and permitting processes for all types of business activities.
Appeals to the courts. We represent clients in appeals to the courts when necessary to protect their interests against adverse determinations or actions by administrative agencies.
- Fifteen Council Baradel Attorneys Recognized by Maryland Super Lawyers 2022
- Taylor B. Kitzmiller Admitted to Practice Law in Maryland
- Twelve Council Baradel Attorneys Recognized in What's Up? Magazine's "Leading Lawyers" 2021
- John J. Doud Elected President of Anne Arundel Bar Association Board
- Council Baradel Elects Lee Ann Adams and Elizabeth A. Pfenson as Partners
- N. Tucker Meneely Inducted as Fellow of the Maryland Bar Foundation
- Twelve Council Baradel Attorneys Recognized in What's Up? Magazine's "Leading Lawyers" 2020
- Council Baradel and Bay Title Company Operations Amid COVID-19
- Seventeen Council Baradel Attorneys Recognized by Maryland Super Lawyers 2020
- Council Baradel Named Top Workplace for Third Consecutive Year
- John J. Doud Appointed President-Elect of Anne Arundel Bar Association's Board of Directors
- Ronald E. Council Marks 50 Years as an Annapolis Attorney
- Sixteen Council Baradel Attorneys Recognized in What's Up? Magazine's "Leading Lawyers" 2019
- ALTA "Navigating Cyber Insurance" Presentation by Michael N. Russo, Jr.
- N. Tucker Meneely Elected President of the Woodwise Board of Directors
- Mollie Walsh Beigel Joins Maryland Hall for the Creative Arts Board of Directors
- Maryland Super Lawyers 2018 Recognizes Nine Council Baradel Attorneys
- James P. Nolan to be Honored at Two Events this November
- Joseph F. Devlin Joins Board of Boys & Girls Clubs of Annapolis & Anne Arundel County
- Maryland Super Lawyers 2017 Recognizes Eleven Council Baradel Attorneys
- Council Baradel Elects Four New Directors
- Six Council Baradel Attorneys Named 2016 Maryland Super Lawyers.
- Mike Russo reviews new Maryland case on impact of Bankruptcy on property title.
- Ten Council Baradel attorneys named 2015 Maryland Super Lawyers.
- Mike Russo provides comments on new DC Court of Appeals decision on super-priority of DC Condo Liens over first Deeds of Trust.
- Michael N. Russo, Jr. Elected to the Anne Arundel County Community Partnership Board for the United Way of Central Maryland.
- Michael N. Russo, Jr. Elected to Board of Directors of the Arts Council for Anne Arundel County.
- Five Council Baradel Attorneys Named as"Leading Lawyers" by What's Up? Annapolis Magazine
- Frederick C. Sussman and Suellen M. Ferguson Speak at MML Convention
- Susan T. Ford Elected Vice-Chairman of the Board of Maryland Hall for the Creative Arts
- Michael N. Russo, Jr. Elected President of the District of Columbia Land Title Association
- Frederick C. Sussman Appointed City Attorney for Aberdeen
- John Doud Elected as a Fellow of the Maryland Bar Foundation