- Maryland, 2000
- District of Columbia, 2002
- U.S. District Court for the District of Maryland, 2001
- U.S. District Court for the District of Columbia, 2002
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the Fourth Circuit, 2002
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the Armed Forces, 2002
- U.S. Court of Federal Claims, 2002
- U.S. Supreme Court, 2010
Stephen A. Oberg
Stephen A. Oberg is the Managing Director of Council, Baradel, Kosmerl & Nolan, P.A. His practice concentrates in the areas of business law and commercial finance. Steve’s business practice includes the representation of local, regional and national companies in a wide range of industries. His work includes contract negotiation and drafting, preparation of business governance documents, business planning and other general counsel work. He also serves as legal advisor to several area non-profit organizations. Steve’s business litigation practice focuses on business torts, contractual and commercial disputes, business governance and financial disputes, where he strives to blend trial strategy with business pragmatism to achieve a cost-effective and efficient, favorable result.
Steve’s commercial finance practice emphasizes the representation of institutional lenders in real estate and business asset-secured loan transactions. Steve has also enjoyed extensive experience representing companies in the negotiation and documentation of commercial transactions, capitalization transactions, and the acquisition, leasing and disposition of commercial real estate.
Steve graduated in 1997 from the University of Richmond with a B.A., cum laude, and Departmental Honors in History. In 2000, he graduated from the Wake Forest University School of Law. Following law school Steve clerked in Maryland’s Seventh Circuit for the Honorable Richard H. Sothoron, Jr. (ret.).
Steve is active in many community and professional organizations, including the Anne Arundel County Bar Association, in which he is the immediate Past-President. A native of Calvert County, Maryland, Steve sits on several local Commissioner-appointed boards, including the Agricultural Preservation Advisory Board and the Calvert Hospice Board. Steve resides in Calvert County with his wife and three children.
- Maryland State Bar Association
- Anne Arundel County Bar Association, Past-President
- Anne Arundel County Bar Foundation, President
- Calvert County Bar Association
- Calvert County Chamber of Commerce
- District of Columbia Bar Association
- Calvert County Agricultural Preservation Advisory Board
- Secretary, 2009 to present
- Business Impact Group - Southern Maryland
- Member, 2010 to present
- Anne Arundel Medical Center Building Traditions Society
- Member, 2014 to present
- Calvert Hospice Board
- Member, 2018 to present
Honors / Awards
- Whats Up? Annapolis Magazine Leading Lawyer in Business Law 2016-2019
- Super Lawyers - 2011-2019
- Eagle Scout
- Wake Forest School of Law (J.D., 2000)
- University of Richmond (B.A. in History & Political Science, with honors, 1997)
- Sixteen Council Baradel Attorneys Recognized in What's Up? Magazine's "Leading Lawyers" 2019
- Maryland Super Lawyers 2019 Recognizes Thirteen Council Baradel Attorneys
- Stephen A. Oberg Joins Board of Calvert Hospice
- Maryland Super Lawyers 2018 Recognizes Nine Council Baradel Attorneys
- Stephen A. Oberg to Speak at CLE Discussing Discovery
- Maryland Super Lawyers 2017 Recognizes Eleven Council Baradel Attorneys
- Stephen A. Oberg Speaks on Transfer and Recordation Taxes
- Council Baradel attorneys came out in force for the Anne Arundel Bar Association's Bar Weekend in Hershey, PA.
- AABA President Steve Oberg recently presented newly appointed Judge Laura Robinson a gavel during her investiture to the bench of the District Court of Maryland for Anne Arundel County.
- Celebrating Steve Oberg's Investiture as AABA President in the August issue of the Barrister.
- Director Stephen A. Oberg installed as President of the Anne Arundel County Bar Association
- Directors Stephen A. Oberg, Susan M. Wyckoff and Joseph F. Devlin inducted as Fellows into the Maryland Bar Foundation
- Stephen A. Oberg Speaks with Calvert Young Farmers
- Stephen A. Oberg Named Rising Star
- Stephen A. Oberg Elected Treasurer of the Anne Arundel County Bar Association
- Stephen A. Oberg Named Rising Star