- Administrative Law
- Alternative Dispute Resolution
- Banking & Finance
- Bankruptcy / Creditors' Rights
- Civil Litigation
- Condominiums and Homeowners Associations
- Construction Contracts and Disputes
- Criminal Defense
- District of Columbia Practice Area
- Employment Matters
- Environmental Law
- Estate Planning & Administration
- Family Law
- Military Law
- Municipal & Municipal Finance Law
- Personal Injury
- Real Estate
- Traffic Violations
- Zoning & Land Development
Banking & Finance
Lending a hand.
Our Banking & Finance attorneys work closely with our clients to develop relationships that enable us to better understand their approach, and we apply our understanding to develop innovative solutions for them. We take into account their specific business needs to solve their issues efficiently and economically.
We have a thriving commercial lending practice, representing many regional banks in real estate and commercial/industrial financing. Our lawyers are respected and experienced in the negotiation and drafting of loan documents and in assisting lenders with due diligence reviews. This experience means quick resolution of issues and timely loan closings.
Our firm is equally adept at representing borrowers in their loan transactions, guiding them through the due diligence and document negotiation process. Our attorneys pay particular attention to negotiating loan terms that fit neatly within the borrower’s business operations. We routinely work with business owners and developers seeking, comparing, and negotiating financing options.
Our services include:
- Accounts receivable and inventory financing
- Asset securitization transactions
- Asset-based and working capital financings
- Borrower’s opinions
- Commercial lending forms review and analysis
- Construction and real estate financing
- Enforcement and collection proceedings
- Equipment financing
- Foreclosures and receiverships
- Fraudulent transfers
- General obligation bond issuances by government entities
- Intercreditor and subordination agreements relating to mezzanine loans and subordinated debt
- Loan restructurings and workouts, including debtor-in-possession financings
- Promissory notes
- Secured transactions
- Senior secured loans and junior secured loans
- Stand-still agreements and forbearance agreements
- Traditional secured and unsecured revolving credit term loans
We provide assistance in a variety of commercial real estate transactions and negotiations. We regularly provide counsel and advice to clients in all areas of construction, ownership, operation and leasing of real property. We are responsive, command excellent negotiation skills, and overcome potential issues with creative solutions. Our attorneys are experienced in representing contractors, real estate developers, brokers and lenders, landlords, tenants, and equity investors.
We routinely provide assistance with:
- Acquisition and development financing
- Landlord/tenant issues
- Mechanic's liens
- Property disputes
- Real estate management
- Resolution of title claims
- Shopping center development
- Ronald E. Council Marks 50 Years as an Annapolis Attorney
- Sixteen Council Baradel Attorneys Recognized in What's Up? Magazine's "Leading Lawyers" 2019
- Bay Title Company Launches New Website
- Maryland Super Lawyers 2019 Recognizes Thirteen Council Baradel Attorneys
- Mollie Walsh Beigel Joins Maryland Hall for the Creative Arts Board of Directors
- Maryland Super Lawyers 2018 Recognizes Nine Council Baradel Attorneys
- Stephen A. Oberg to Speak at CLE Discussing Discovery
- Maryland Super Lawyers 2017 Recognizes Eleven Council Baradel Attorneys
- Lee Ann Adams Joins Council Baradel's Business Practice
- Council Baradel Elects Four New Directors
- Stephen A. Oberg Speaks on Transfer and Recordation Taxes
- Brian T. Gallagher to Moderate Panel on Restaurant Liability
- Stephen A. Oberg speaks to Calvert County Chamber of Commerce
- Six Council Baradel Attorneys Named 2016 Maryland Super Lawyers.
- Mike Russo Participates in Congressional Briefing on Title Insurance Issues
- Council Baradel attorneys came out in force for the Anne Arundel Bar Association's Bar Weekend in Hershey, PA.
- Mike Russo reviews new Maryland case on impact of Bankruptcy on property title.
- AABA President Steve Oberg recently presented newly appointed Judge Laura Robinson a gavel during her investiture to the bench of the District Court of Maryland for Anne Arundel County.
- Ten Council Baradel attorneys named 2015 Maryland Super Lawyers.
- Mike Russo provides comments on new DC Court of Appeals decision on super-priority of DC Condo Liens over first Deeds of Trust.
- Celebrating Steve Oberg's Investiture as AABA President in the August issue of the Barrister.
- Michael N. Russo, Jr. Elected to the Anne Arundel County Community Partnership Board for the United Way of Central Maryland.
- Michael N. Russo, Jr. Elected to Board of Directors of the Arts Council for Anne Arundel County.
- Director Stephen A. Oberg installed as President of the Anne Arundel County Bar Association
- Directors Stephen A. Oberg, Susan M. Wyckoff and Joseph F. Devlin inducted as Fellows into the Maryland Bar Foundation
- Five Council Baradel Attorneys Named as"Leading Lawyers" by What's Up? Annapolis Magazine
- Stephen A. Oberg Speaks with Calvert Young Farmers
- Michael N. Russo, Jr. Elected President of the District of Columbia Land Title Association
- Stephen A. Oberg Named Rising Star
- Stephen A. Oberg Elected Treasurer of the Anne Arundel County Bar Association
- Stephen A. Oberg Named Rising Star