- Maryland, 1999
Britt G. Rife
Britt G. Rife’s practice is focused on real estate transactions, commercial financing, business organization and commercial transactions.
Mr. Rife negotiates and drafts all types of commercial real estate instruments, including retail, office and industrial leases, loan documents, development agreements, purchase and sale contracts, complex easement agreements and restrictive covenants.
While Mr. Rife has years of experience representing commercial real estate developers in large transactions, he greatly enjoys assisting smaller, local business with their entity formation, governance, business transaction and leasing needs. He is actively engaged in business contract negotiation, including sales, investment, franchise and management agreements, as well as business planning.
Mr. Rife devotes a great deal of his practice to the firm’s representation of lending institutions in documenting, negotiating and closing commercial loans.
Honors / Awards
- Whats Up? Annapolis Magazine Leading Lawyer in Real Estate Law 2016-2021
- Super Lawyers – 2020-2021
- Maryland State Bar Association
- Anne Arundel County Bar Association
- Anne Arundel County Industrial Association, President
- Represented borrowers in more than 20 large ($10 Million minimum loan principal) and syndicated financing transactions.
- Acted as lead lender counsel in commercial real estate and C&I financing.
- Acted as counsel to both management and investor parties in numerous business ventures.
- Represented landlords in dozens of grocery store and big box anchor leases.
- Represented landlords and tenants in pad leases for nationally recognized restaurants, automotive parts dealers, discount stores, pharmacies and banks.
- Represented retail and office tenants in shopping center and office building leases nationwide.
- University of Maryland Law School (J.D., cum laude, 1999)
- University of Maryland (B.A., magna cum laude, 1995)
- Franklin & Marshall College
- Twelve Council Baradel Attorneys Recognized in What's Up? Magazine's "Leading Lawyers" 2021
- Fifteen Council Baradel Attorneys Recognized by Maryland Super Lawyers 2021
- Twelve Council Baradel Attorneys Recognized in What's Up? Magazine's "Leading Lawyers" 2020
- Seventeen Council Baradel Attorneys Recognized by Maryland Super Lawyers 2020
- Sixteen Council Baradel Attorneys Recognized in What's Up? Magazine's "Leading Lawyers" 2019
- Council Baradel Elects Four New Directors