- District of Columbia
- Admitted to federal courts in all three jurisdictions
Suellen M. Ferguson
Suellen M. Ferguson has been involved for more than 30 years as an attorney in private practice representing municipalities and municipal agencies. Since 1985, Suellen has served as Town Attorney for University Park, and she currently also serves as City or Town Attorney for Bladensburg, Chevy Chase Village, College Park, Edmonston, Kensington and Washington Grove. In addition, she represents the Prince George’s Municipal Cable Coalition in its cable franchise renewal negotiations and the Montgomery County Economic Development Corporation, and has provided legal services to the City of Laurel Ethics Commission, the City of Rockville Board of Appeals, the City of Glenarden, the Towns of Cheverly and Manchester, the Prince George’s County Council and the Town of Garrett Park. Suellen is the Co-Chair of the Executive Committee of the Prince George’s County Intergovernmental Network Community Coordinating Committee, which oversees the I-Net cable system created by the County and seventeen municipalities.
Municipal practice comprises about 95% of Suellen’s practice. She also represents private sector clients in the areas of administrative law and civil litigation.
- Maryland Bar Association
- Prince George’s Bar Association
- District of Columbia Bar Association
- Virginia State Bar
- Women’s Bar Association of Maryland
- Maryland Municipal Attorneys Association
- Board Member - Board of Visitors, Columbus School of Law, Catholic University of America
- Maryland Municipal League representative to the General Assembly’s Communications Tax Reform Commission (2013)
- Past MMAA Officer and liaison to Maryland Municipal League Board of Directors
- Counsel to the Friends Community School
- “Hot Button Legal Issues” - Maryland Municipal League Summer conference (2016)
- “Foreclosed & Blighted Properties” – Maryland Municipal League Fall Conference (2016)
- Representation before the Montgomery and Prince George’s District Councils and Planning Boards
- Court appearances for municipalities in code enforcement cases
- Contract defense, preparation of contracts and laws, cable franchise negotiations, and legal advice to senior staff and elected officials on multiple areas of the law including elections issues, right of way use, constitutional issues, state and county legislation, ethics, municipal financing, referendum.
- Represented Respondent in Jenkins v. City of College Park, 379 Md. 142 (2003)
- Columbus School of Law Catholic University of America (J.D.)
- Virginia Polytechnic Institute (B.A. in Political Science)