- Maryland, 2006
- U.S. District Court for the District of Maryland, 2008
John J. Doud
John J. Doud is a partner of Council, Baradel, Kosmerl & Nolan, P.A. Mr. Doud focuses his practice on criminal defense, plaintiff’s personal injury and general civil litigation.
With a decade of experience, Mr. Doud handles criminal matters involving felony and misdemeanor offenses at the trial and appellate levels, as well as juvenile delinquency matters, in all State and Federal courts in Maryland. He represents clients during all stages of the offense, from intake through arraignment, to preliminary hearings and trials. Mr. Doud also handles plaintiff’s personal injury cases, providing comprehensive fact-collection and strong negotiating skills, as well as knowledge of the process by which liability insurance claims are managed by the insurer. Mr. Doud is a union representative for police and law enforcement organizations in Maryland, handling their administrative, civil and criminal matters.
Criminal Defense. Mr. Doud’s criminal defense practice includes representing individuals charged with aggravated and simple assault; disorderly conduct; conspiracy; arson; weapons violations; sex offenses; theft, burglary or trespassing; and possession and distribution of controlled substances. He also represents those charged with motor vehicle violations, including DUI/DWI. Mr. Doud utilizes a variety of resources to prepare the best possible defense for his clients, including the use of DNA testing and medical records as criminal defense tools.
Plaintiff's Personal Injury. In his plaintiff’s personal injury practice, Mr. Doud is devoted to helping those who are injured as a result of an automobile accident. Mr. Doud helps the individuals and their families recover compensation to cover the wide-range of financial issues one faces as a result of another person’s negligence. Mr. Doud has experience representing injured victims in a variety of auto accidents, including rear-end collisions, T-bone and side-impact collisions, rollover accidents, head-on collisions, pedestrian accidents, and bicycle accidents. Mr. Doud works tirelessly to ensure his clients achieve a favorable result and financial resolution, allowing them to move forward with their lives.
Mr. Doud is an active member of both the Anne Arundel Bar Association (AABA) and the Maryland State Bar Association (MSBA), and is a member of the Anne Arundel County Local Pro Bono Committee. He is the President for the AABA and a member of the Softball League Committee. After graduating from Thomas M. Cooley Law School in 2006, Mr. Doud served as a law clerk to the Honorable Nancy Davis-Loomis, Administrative Judge, Circuit Court for Anne Arundel County, Maryland. Mr. Doud was admitted to practice law in the State of Maryland in 2006 and the United States District Court for the District of Maryland in 2008.
- American Bar Association
- Maryland State Bar Association
- Anne Arundel County Bar Association
- President, Board of Directors
- Anne Arundel County Local Pro Bono Committee
Honors / Awards
- Whats Up? Annapolis Magazine Leading Lawyer in Juvenile Law and Criminal Law 2016-2019
- Super Lawyers – 2012-2013, 2016-2021
- Thomas M. Cooley Law School (J.D., cum laude, 2006)
- Montclair State University (B.A., 2002)
- John J. Doud Elected President of Anne Arundel Bar Association Board
- Fifteen Council Baradel Attorneys Recognized by Maryland Super Lawyers 2021
- Seventeen Council Baradel Attorneys Recognized by Maryland Super Lawyers 2020
- John J. Doud Appointed President-Elect of Anne Arundel Bar Association's Board of Directors
- Sixteen Council Baradel Attorneys Recognized in What's Up? Magazine's "Leading Lawyers" 2019
- Maryland Super Lawyers 2018 Recognizes Nine Council Baradel Attorneys
- Maryland Super Lawyers 2017 Recognizes Eleven Council Baradel Attorneys
- Council Baradel Elects Four New Directors
- John Doud Elected as a Fellow of the Maryland Bar Foundation