- Administrative Law
- Alternative Dispute Resolution
- Appellate Law
- Banking & Finance
- Bankruptcy / Creditors' Rights
- Civil Litigation
- Construction Contracts and Disputes
- Criminal Defense
- District of Columbia
- Employment Matters
- Environmental Law
- Estate Planning & Administration
- Family Law
- Military Law
- Municipal & Municipal Finance Law
- Personal Injury
- Real Estate
- Title Litigation
- Zoning & Land Use
Alternative Dispute Resolution
Settling the dust.
Although our firm boasts a number of seasoned trial lawyers, we recognize that some disputes are better addressed in Alternative Dispute Resolution (ADR) outside of the judicial process. Several of our attorneys serve as arbitrators, mediators, and Circuit Court Facilitators and assist in resolving disputes between the clients of other attorneys as neutrals. We also have several attorneys trained in collaborative law, which is on the emerging forefront of ADR. We are equipped with the experience and credibility required to resolve even the most complex matters.
We regularly counsel our clients about dispute resolution through alternative methods, including, but not limited to:
Arbitration. During the arbitration process, we will impose a legally binding decision. With more at risk during an arbitration, our neutrals are prepared to offer a reliable outcome, stemming from an efficient, cost-effective process which allows the parties a fair opportunity to be heard.
Mediation. During the mediation process, we will assist in negotiating an agreement, using specialized communication tactics. We work to achieve the best possible outcome for all involved in the dispute, working conscientiously with the parties each step of the way. We are committed to reaching a voluntary, negotiated agreement that both sides feel satisfied with.
Collaborative Law. During the collaborative law process, we will assist our clients in negotiating with the opposing party and their counsel out of the courtroom. In order to avoid the uncertain outcome of court and the stress of litigation on our clients, we sometimes turn to collaborative law to achieve a settlement that best meets the specific needs of the parties involved. We utilize this option to allow for a more cost-effective, efficient process and solution.
- Twelve Council Baradel Attorneys Recognized in What's Up? Magazine's "Leading Lawyers" 2021
- Council Baradel Elects Lee Ann Adams and Elizabeth A. Pfenson as Partners
- Fifteen Council Baradel Attorneys Recognized by Maryland Super Lawyers 2021
- N. Tucker Meneely Inducted as Fellow of the Maryland Bar Foundation
- Twelve Council Baradel Attorneys Recognized in What's Up? Magazine's "Leading Lawyers" 2020
- Council Baradel and Bay Title Company Operations Amid COVID-19
- Susan Stobbart Shapiro and Kevin M. Schaeffer Recognized as Top 100 Attorneys in Maryland
- Seventeen Council Baradel Attorneys Recognized by Maryland Super Lawyers 2020
- Council Baradel Named Top Workplace for Third Consecutive Year
- Ronald E. Council Marks 50 Years as an Annapolis Attorney
- Sixteen Council Baradel Attorneys Recognized in What's Up? Magazine's "Leading Lawyers" 2019
- Mollie Walsh Beigel Joins Maryland Hall for the Creative Arts Board of Directors
- Maryland Super Lawyers 2018 Recognizes Nine Council Baradel Attorneys
- Ronald A. Baradel Serves Second Term as President of the Annapolis Rotary Club
- Ronald A. Baradel honored with The Daily Record's Inaugural 2016 Leadership in Law Lifetime Achievement Award.
- Six Council Baradel Attorneys Named 2016 Maryland Super Lawyers.
- BizPeake Journal publishes Ronald A. Baradel's article, "Giving Back is Good Business."
- Mike Russo Participates in Congressional Briefing on Title Insurance Issues
- Ten Council Baradel attorneys named 2015 Maryland Super Lawyers.
- Ronald A. Baradel joins the Anne Arundel Senior Provider Group.
- Directors Stephen A. Oberg, Susan M. Wyckoff and Joseph F. Devlin inducted as Fellows into the Maryland Bar Foundation
- Five Council Baradel Attorneys Named as"Leading Lawyers" by What's Up? Annapolis Magazine