- Administrative Law
- Alternative Dispute Resolution
- Appellate Law
- Banking & Finance
- Bankruptcy / Creditors' Rights
- Civil Litigation
- Construction Contracts and Disputes
- Criminal Defense
- District of Columbia
- Employment Matters
- Environmental Law
- Estate Planning & Administration
- Family Law
- Military Law
- Municipal & Municipal Finance Law
- Personal Injury
- Real Estate
- Title Litigation
- Zoning & Land Use
With military in mind.
Council Baradel’s attorneys represent service members in a variety of legal matters and understand that the line between a civilian matter and a military matter is not always clear. To that end, we routinely assist service members and their families in general civil litigation matters, as well as “off-base” criminal and traffic offenses at the trial and appellate levels in all State and Federal courts in Maryland and the District of Columbia.
Because some of our attorneys are former military members themselves, we have an intimate knowledge of the complex nature of the Uniform Code of Military Justice (UCMJ). We stand ready to defend service members in Courts-Martial, NJP/Article 15 actions, and Administrative Separation Boards.
As an Annapolis-based law firm, we have particular experience in representing Midshipmen at the United States Naval Academy and preparing them for conduct and administrative separation hearings and appeals. In all cases, the firm's representation of the client is geared toward ensuring justice and protecting that client’s Constitutional rights. Council Baradel understands the potential impact such actions can have on a service member’s career and will work diligently to prepare a defense, while exploring solutions other than trial, where appropriate.
- Twelve Council Baradel Attorneys Recognized in What's Up? Magazine's "Leading Lawyers" 2021
- Council Baradel Elects Lee Ann Adams and Elizabeth A. Pfenson as Partners
- Fifteen Council Baradel Attorneys Recognized by Maryland Super Lawyers 2021
- N. Tucker Meneely Inducted as Fellow of the Maryland Bar Foundation
- Twelve Council Baradel Attorneys Recognized in What's Up? Magazine's "Leading Lawyers" 2020
- Council Baradel and Bay Title Company Operations Amid COVID-19
- Seventeen Council Baradel Attorneys Recognized by Maryland Super Lawyers 2020
- Council Baradel Named Top Workplace for Third Consecutive Year
- Ronald E. Council Marks 50 Years as an Annapolis Attorney
- Sixteen Council Baradel Attorneys Recognized in What's Up? Magazine's "Leading Lawyers" 2019
- Council Baradel Elects Matthew J. Bernhardt as Director
- Brian T. Gallagher Joins Board of Visit Annapolis & Anne Arundel County
- Mollie Walsh Beigel Joins Maryland Hall for the Creative Arts Board of Directors
- Maryland Super Lawyers 2018 Recognizes Nine Council Baradel Attorneys
- Maryland Super Lawyers 2017 Recognizes Eleven Council Baradel Attorneys
- Council Baradel Elects Four New Directors
- Brian T. Gallagher to Moderate Panel on Restaurant Liability
- Six Council Baradel Attorneys Named 2016 Maryland Super Lawyers.
- Ten Council Baradel attorneys named 2015 Maryland Super Lawyers.
- Five Council Baradel Attorneys Named as"Leading Lawyers" by What's Up? Annapolis Magazine
- Matthew J. Bernhardt Joins CBKN as an Associate